Llanera Harp Workshop
Through his experience as a harpist and composer, Nicolas Castaneda offers a deeply study of the llanera harp; its styles, techniques and repertoire.
In addtition to this, Castaneda implements on his workshops:
- the study of improvisation applied to any harp.
- exploration of differents harmonic / melodic techniques from jazz to the harp.
- Bass independence and reharmonization techniques on any kind of harp.
Previous Workshop & participations:
Nicolas Castaneda offers workshops of Colombian & Latin American Music; starting from the traditional folk structures to the contemporary application of Jazz and compositional techniques on the traditional Colombian & Latin American Music. Over his workshops, you would find some of these thematics:
- Understanding of traditional Latin Folk American music foundations.
- Harmonic / Melodic form studies of latin American Music.
- Reharmonization Techniques on Latin American / Colombian music.
- Advance Jazz Studies: Modal Jazz, Arranging, Orchetration, Jazz Composition, Big Band Scoring, Reharmonization techniques, Jazz Harmony.